The late Khomeini was a master in mass uprising in his time.
Some of the interesting points in this advice are:
1) Publishing focus, priorities and relevancy
2) The press belong to all the people - not just political leaders
3) Criticism must not violate ethics
4) Press should be a center for people to benefit from.
5) People should be educated by the news
6) Avoid useless repetition
7) News should be prepared in a manner that it can be useful
8) The real intention of publishing a piece (should be to improve the society).
Imam Khomeini Offers Advice On Journalistic Priorities
Tehran (Kayhan International) - On Sept 1 1985 - The managers of Tehran's three most important dailies met with Imam Khomeini (ie Kayhan, Ettela 'at. Jumhuri- Eslami).
In this meeting. the Imam made some important statements with regard to the Media. The following is the text of the Imams address.
(Please refer to the scanned images)
2) Your great responsibility today is the pen in your hand.