The first war that President Trump has declared is a war against the news media. - CNN
Even after winning the presidential election, Donald Trump is still at war with the so called "corporate" media. This simply means the media is too important to ignore - it can still shake down Trump!
No wonder Steve Bannon (Breitbart) has been hired as assistant to the President and White House chief strategist in the Trump administration. Perhaps this is why some are simply saying:
Opposing the mainstream media plays well with Trump’s base. Rob Mahoney, deputy executive director of the CPJ, a nonprofit that promotes press freedom worldwide said it also serves the administration’s aim to protect itself against legitimate criticism. - Guardian
Donald Trump is smarter than you think
This is the real reason of him winning the US presidential election. Those who think he is still a joke have made terrible mistakes. Donald Trump is always a playmaker. He can play against the 'corporate media' by simply outplaying them.
He just need to win the millions of 'unseen' audience.
This 'play' has actually made Donald Trump a super salesman with super attention and coverage.
Estimates by the analysis firm Quant of “earned media” – all coverage that isn’t paid advertising – in the US in January showed that Trump was not just the centre of attention: he received more coverage than the next 1,000 most-covered people combined. That’s all the Kardashians, Biebers, sports stars and politicians you’ve ever heard of. - Irishtimes
Trump exploited the public’s existing distrust of media and sought to strip news outlets like CNN and The New York Times of all legitimacy. He targeted journalists like Fox’s Megyn Kelly and NBC’s Katy Tur. He even withheld press credentials from newsrooms like The Washington Post. Toward the end of the campaign, he claimed the “corporate media” was part of a massive conspiracy to block him from the White House. - CNN
- Donald Trump waged war against the media. And won. - Macleans
- Donald Trump's war on the media - al Jazeera
- A Trump presidency is forcing an entire generation of journalists to rethink what “journalism” even means - Quartz
- This Election Has Disgraced the Entire Profession of Journalism- Observer.com
- US election 2016: How American media steers public opinion towards Hillary Clinton - FirstPost
- Fallout from Trump's war on the media will linger after election - CNN
- President Trump's dangerous war on the media - CNN
- Donald Trump 'Winning' War with CNN- Breitbart